JUMP START YOUR CAREER
Automotive Maintenance, Light Repair and Efficiency
Learning to Earning in 20 weeks
20 -WEEK AUTOMOTIVE MAINTENANCE, LIGHT REPAIR AND EFFICIENCY PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Learn maximum efficiency skills and techniques with our ©M-T.I.M.E. Efficiency training.
The 20-week accelerated program is designed to teach the next generation of mechanics to be as efficient as the vehicles they will maintain and repair.
Program Topics Below
Introduction to Shop Safety, Tools & Equipment
- Personal protection equipment, clothing, evacuation routes, and fire extinguishers
- Shop cleanliness and the impact it has on work environment & productivity
- Tool & equipment identification and maintenance
- Safety precautions
- Selecting the right tool for the job
Electrical & Electronic System Technology
- Basic electrical theory
- Electrical measurement
- Circuits: Ohm’s and Watt’s Laws
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Battery and starting & charging systems
- Lighting and safety systems
- Electronic components
Engine Performance & Repair
- General engine/mechanical
- Cylinder head and valve train
- Lubrication and cooling
- General maintenance
Steering & Suspension
- Wheels and tires
- Steering systems and wheel alignment
Brake System Technology
- Brake theory
- Hydraulic and power assist
- Disc and drum brakes
- Antilock brakes, traction control and stability control theory
- Basic principles of heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Measure temperatures and identify airflow restrictions
- Service cabin filter systems
- Introduction of climate controls and related components & services
Automatic & Manual Transmission and Transaxle
- Auto and manual transmission theory
- Clutch, drive shaft and universal joint theory
- Differential theory
- Fluid exchange
The Auto Tech Efficiency 20-week accelerated program is available multiple times throughout the year to fit your schedule. Start your future when you're ready.
|Winter 2020||November 30, 2020|
|Winter 2021||March 1, 2021|
|Spring 2021||April 26, 2021|
|Summer 2021||July 26, 2021|
|Fall 2021||September 20, 2021|
Learn more about how Matrix Trade Institute can help you.
Admissions & Program Requirements
Want to make money and advance your career?
Learn what you need in order to apply.
The Matrix Tuition Assistance Program (M-TAP)
is available to students who qualify for our program.
Click here for more information on Matrix Trade Institute, from your application to graduation.